Day 10 - September 24



Today is Sunday and that means no training.  Should be a nice relaxing day.  I had some family visiting me.  Carrol, Michael, Jennifer, Madisun, Kamryn and Oliver showed up around 12:45 pm.  They were as enthusiastic about meeting Gonzo as seeing me again.  Gonzo was living it up as the centre of attention getting his picture taken with everyone.  We put Gonzo back in the room and headed down to the lake.  Lake Ontario is about 10 blocks away.  It was incredible how hot it was even down by the water.  We hung out for about two hours before heading back to the school for a nice surprise—Carrol had brought my favourite, cheese cake, for my birthday tomorrow.  Yummy!  So we all enjoyed a piece of it and then they had to get back on the road to London.  (Okay, I admit it, I ruined my supper by having two pieces of cheese cake!)

I enjoyed a relaxing night was well watching football.  Sadly my Seattle Seahawks lost again.  Will have to get home and dig out my good luck #25 Sherman jersey.  I finished off the night by watching the new Star Trek series, Discovery.  It was pretty good but if it doesn’t have descriptive video on it, it will be quite inaccessible since the Klingons speak Klingon with subtitles.  The other negative is it it will only be on Space and Crave TV moving forward.  Oh well, we’ll find a way to watch it later on.


I fell asleep as soon as the show ended and had a great long sound sleep. Monday we are back to work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 15 - September 29

Day 14 - September 28

Day 5 - September 19